The Buying Process
The buying process can be an intimidating and complicated experience without the right guidance. Are you in the market to make a change? If it’s your first time going through the buying process, you may not know what to expect. We work with first time buyers, seasoned investors & down-sizers. Regardless of your previous experience in real estate, we can help you find the best home, and be prepared & educated ahead of time.
We recommend preparing yourself to purchase in three steps:
Do your homework.
The more clarity you have going in to the buying process, the easier it will be to make a decision that feels right for you.
- Where do you want to live? Drive around and spend some time in neighbourhoods that you’re considering, and make not of what draws you to those locations.
- What do you want in your next home? Make a list of your must-haves, your ideal size, style, etc.
- What are your deal breakers? What features or characteristics do you need to avoid or would make you pass on a property.
You will need to know, before you start looking, what you can realistically get approved for, and be comfortable spending on a mortgage each month. The last thing you want to do is fall in love with a property, and find out you can’t get approved to purchase it.
- Make sure your credit is in great shape. Talk to your mortgage broker or bank about your credit score ahead of time, to make sure there are no surprises.
- Avoid making large purchases. It can be tempting to shop for furniture or larger items for your new place, but wait until your purchase closes, especially if you plan to finance any of those purchases.
Start your home search.
In addition to meeting with one of our Condo Experts to discuss your options, we will set you up on an online search so you can be in-the-know immediately. To save yourself time, refer to your list of must-haves and deal breakers to provide clarity. It’s now time to start looking at properties!
If you’re looking to buy a property in the current market, or in the future, get in touch with The Condo Group for more information at 250-382-6636.
— Amy Francoeur